Tips for Keeping Your Invisalign Trays Fresh and Clean
Millions of people choose treatment with Invisalign because the process is surprisingly easy when compared to traditional metal bracket and wire braces. The clear aligners are discreet, comfortable to wear, and many patients achieve the desired results in as little as 12 months. You can remove them for meals and brush and floss, so there are no diet restrictions to worry about, and oral hygiene is a breeze.
How to Care for Your Invisalign Trays
However, as convenient as Invisalign treatment is, you must still clean and care for your trays correctly. Just as proper oral hygiene is essential for a healthy smile, keeping your aligners clean also helps prevent bacteria buildup and keeps them smelling fresh and clean.
Here are several “Dos” and “Don’ts” to keep in mind that will help you keep your aligner trays fresh and clean:
- Do remove your aligners when you wake up in the morning and clean them and your teeth thoroughly.
- Do rinse your aligners whenever you remove them to prevent bacteria from developing.
- Do brush and floss your teeth before putting your aligners back in
- Do soak your aligners in a cleaning solution every day
- Do clean your trays with a soft toothbrush to help remove plaque buildup
- Don’t eat meals with Invisalign trays in your mouth
- Don’t use colored or scented soaps to clean your aligner trays
- Don’t leave your aligners out in the open air when you’re not wearing them
Please Call GCR Dentistry for More Helpful Invisalign Tips
Invisalign treatment in Cumberland is convenient, but you must care for your trays properly to avoid the cost and inconvenience of having to replace them. If you have questions about Invisalign treatment or caring for your aligners, please call our office to arrange a convenient appointment.